- Provides technical systems and software support for modification, implementation, or conversion of business systems
- Supports the process of translating business needs into formal Business Requirements deliverables
- Acts as liaison between business unit and software, hardware developers and vendors
- Participates in design, development and implementation of complex applications or systems, often using new technologies
- Serves as a fully seasoned, proficient technical resource
- Participates as an individual contributor on projects, completing activities as a part of a team related to special initiatives or operations
- Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities, typically as an individual contributor
- Often provides oversight and guidance to more junior business and systems analysts
- IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience
- Developing reports, dashboards, and visualizations to ensure data analysis is clearly and effectively communicated
- Evaluating business operations through quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify potential process improvements
- Work closely with upstream and downstream technology partners in identifying root cause analysis for data quality issues
- Analyze data issues and requests, and work with upstream partners to remediate.
- Create and maintain project related document deliverables used for requirements gathering, high level design, test planning, metadata, testing and validation, and deployment planning.
- Perform several technical functions related operational and development requirements to include: discover, understand, analyze and document data issues, data enhancements and collect business requirements in the form of functional specifications.
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs.
- 5-7 years of applicable experience.
- Excellent data analysis skills, using SQL to access Teradata databases.
- Very good understanding of Database and Data warehousing concepts.
- Excellent requirements collection and documentation skills.
- Excellent communications, planning, collaboration and organizational skills.
- Works under minimal supervision on data analysis and data quality support functions.
- Strong team player
- Data Visualization - Tableau, Microstrategy, Excel