NEW Network Engineer IMMEDIATE NEED for a Network Engineer to join a great company in Santa Ana, CA. You will be responsible for design, configuration, and management of the core network within the enterprise. This includes the highly redundant network fabric at the enterprise data centers, connectivity between branch locations and the data centers, and connectivity with third party SaaS systems.Responsibilities:
- Monitors network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; helps in the planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment (switches, routers, firewalls); helps in defining network policies and procedures; helps in establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by configuring network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with associates; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains/updates system and network documentation.
- Manages the organizations wide area network across the United States and Canada.
- Previous networking experience required.
- Network performance tuning, LAN/WAN knowledge, and network design and implementation experience required.
- TCP/IP routing knowledge and VPN knowledge required.
- Experience with management of Cisco core network hardware (Cisco Catalyst switching, Cisco ACI Network Fabric) is required.
- Experience with enterprise firewalls such as Palo Alto is required.
- Ability to multi-task, use problem solving skills, and a commitment to high quality solutions is needed.
- Good communication skills and phone skills required for help desk assistance.