As an Electrical Engineer at Facebook AR Product Team, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer VR and AR experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can take a board definition and implement with electrical schematic and layout, and can transition these designs into a high-volume consumer product.We're looking for system or board level Electrical Engineers with experience in high volume consumer products. These systems will have ASICs, uControllers, uProcessors, FPGAs from simple to large, displays, audio, camera sensors, and high speed I/O. Familiarity with CAD tools like Cadence OrCAD, Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable designing mixed high speed digital circuit boards, be experienced troubleshooting at the board and system level, and be familiar with the consumer product development process.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in experiments which combine mechanics, optics and software.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions.
- Incubating new technologies into high volume production.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- 5+ years of experience along with a BS/MS in Digital System Design/Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with schematic and board design using Cadence OrCAD, Altium or equivalent.
- Experience with use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Experience with circuit design in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, and programmable logic based development.
- Experience working with one of these technologies: Digital signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering, or camera modules.
- Experience working independently and managing priorities.
- Experience with VR/AR systems
- Experience with high speed signaling over DP, MIPI, HDMI, and USB SS
- Experience with IMsensor physical sensor systems with an understanding of calibration methods
- Experience with vision systems
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test code
- Experience programming in other languages like Python/Java/C#