As a Power Integrity Engineer on the Facebook AR Product Team, you will work directly with the AR design team to influence design of high-speed interfaces and power systems in Facebook's AR prototypes and future line of consumer products. You will model, simulate, prototype, measure, and evaluate power integrity for design and development of functionally robust AR devices. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, firmware, software, electrical, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can take an ambiguous requirement, and can create elegant highly constrained solutions into high-volume consumer products. The ideal candidate would be comfortable specifying test equipment to evaluate the Power Integrity of systems. The candidate should be able to operate that same equipment with skill to determine root cause of noisy or marginal signaling or power delivery and be able to recommend design changes to create a margined and compliant system.
- Perform core function to provide support for Power Integrity (PI) simulation/measurement to EE team.
- Measure and correlate PI simulation results with actual measured results to make future simulation results more in-line to actual measured signals.
- Participate in the schematic, brd/pkg design and layout review process and provide expert opinion or design tradeoffs to have robust PI across the platform.
- Work with different suppliers to validate received simulation models for Si, Pkg and Brd for optimization.
- Interact with outside interconnect suppliers to define quality expectations from PI point of view.
- Coordinate with both internal and external vendors to debug PI issues/failures observed.
- Come up with creative solutions to perform high frequency PI simulation and measurements where not all inputs are available.
- Coordinate with test instrument/Simulation tool suppliers to figure out anomalies observed during simulations/measurements.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- BS/MS degree in electrical engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience using different kind of simulation tools from Cadence Advance SIPI tools (Sigrity, OPI, Power DC), Hyperlynx, Ansys, Keysight ADS (PIpro), HSPICE etc.
- Experience with with Circuit, Si, Pkg, and Brd level simulations and PDN optimization for Power Integrity
- Experience with DCIR, PDN, VRM, PMIC, and component (L, C and Ferrite) optimization to minimize power noise and maximize efficiency
- Experience using SI/PI test instruments like TDR, VNA, Highspeed Scopes, Spectrum analyzers etc.
- Experience with outside compliance lab test setup and test procedures
- Experience in digital system design, including at least one consumer product shipped in high volume