As a Signal Integrity Test Engineer on the Facebook AR Product Team, you will work directly with the AR design team to influence design of high-speed interfaces and power systems in Facebook's AR prototypes and future line of consumer products. You will, measure, and evaluate high speed interfaces and power systems to ensure compliant, RF immune, and functionally robust AR devices. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, firmware, software, electrical, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can take an ambiguous requirement, and can create elegant highly constrained solutions into high-volume consumer products. The ideal candidate would be comfortable specifying test equipment to evaluate the Signal Integrity of systems. The candidate should be able to operate that same equipment with skill to determine root cause of noisy or marginal signaling or power delivery and be able to recommend design changes to create a margined and compliant system.
- Perform core function to provide support for Signal Integrity (SI) measurements to EE team, that includes making test plans, developing test fixtures, and delivering results.
- Develop test and SI/PI measurement methodologies and correlate measurements with simulations.
- Participate in the schematic and layout review process and provide expert opinion for test and debug for High speed interfaces and power systems.
- Work with different suppliers to perform compliance and validate functionality of their IO drivers and connectors.
- Interact with outside interconnect suppliers to define quality expectations for PCB, PCBA and HVM from SI/PI point of view.
- Coordinate with both internal and external compliance labs to debug SI/PI compliance failures observed.
- Come up with creative solutions to perform SI/PI simulation and measurements where not all inputs are available.
- Coordinate with test instrument tool suppliers to figure out anomalies observed during measurements.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- BS/MS degree in electrical engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience using SI test instruments like TDR, PNA/VNA, Highspeed Scopes, BERT, Spectrum analyzers etc.
- Experience with probing, de-embedding, compliance testing and designing test fixtures needed for measurements
- Experience with PCB, PCBA, and FPC design process and its impact on Signal Integrity
- Experience with high-speed interfaces like DDR, SPI, USB2/3, DP, PCIe, MIPI etc.
- Experience with outside compliance lab test setup and test procedures
- Experience in system validation, including at least one consumer product shipped in high volume