Hello, Kani Solutions, Inc. A New Jersey based Technology Consulting and Staffing services company. Our Industry focus is Health & Life Sciences, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Public Services and Retail. Our team is Dynamic and is focused to our Client needs. Our Team is geared to work with Consultants and our Clients to achieve higher performance. We want to work with you and want to welcome Candidates who are Talented, Passionate, Dedicated and have Ambition to grow. Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer with Azure exp. Location: Remote Duration: 12 Months Total # openings: 2 Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) at fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems. Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier escalations.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background.
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C.)
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
- Hadoop or any Big data related is a plus
- Azure or AWS or Google Cloud is a plus