As a Signal Integrity Engineer on the Facebook AR Product Team, you will work directly with the AR design team to influence design of high-speed interfaces in Facebook's AR prototypes and future line of consumer products. You will model, simulate, prototype, measure, and evaluate these high-speed interfaces to ensure compliant, and functionally robust AR devices. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, firmware, software, electrical, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can take an ambiguous requirement, and can create elegant highly constrained solutions into high-volume consumer products. The ideal candidate would be comfortable specifying test equipment to evaluate the Signal Integrity of systems. The candidate should be able to operate that same equipment with skill to determine root cause of noisy or marginal signaling and be able to recommend design changes to create a margined and compliant system.
- Perform core function to provide support for Signal Integrity (SI) simulation/measurement to EE team.
- Measure and correlate SI simulation results with actual measured results to make future simulation results more in-line to actual measured signals.
- Participate in the schematic and layout review process and provide expert opinion to have robust SI for high speed interfaces.
- Work with different suppliers to validate received simulation models for their IO drivers and connectors.
- Interact with outside interconnect suppliers to define quality expectations from interconnect SI point of view.
- Coordinate with both internal and external compliance labs to debug SI compliance failures observed.
- Come up with creative solutions to perform SI simulation and measurements where not all inputs are available.
- Coordinate with test instrument/Simulation tool suppliers to figure out anomalies observed during simulations/measurements.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- BS/MS degree in electrical engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience using different kind of simulation tools from Hyperlynx, Ansys, Keysight ADS, CST Microwave Studio, HSPICE etc.
- Experience with PCB/FPC design process technology and its impact on Signal Integrity
- Experience with high-speed interfaces like DDR, SPI, USB2/3, DP, PCIe, MIPI etc.
- Experience using SI test instruments like TDR, VNA, Highspeed Scopes, Spectrum analyzers etc.
- Experience with outside compliance lab test setup and test procedures
- Experience in digital system design, including at least one consumer product shipped in high volume