At Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR Hardware, we are developing the future of Portal, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) products. As a Display Optical Engineer, you will be a member of our Display and Optics organization, taking a lead in display module optical design to set the technical goals, be the point of contact and interface to the product development team, lead the development of leading-edge technologies and designs, and work with the current and evolving ecosystem to provide differentiating capabilities to our HW platforms. You will be part of a tight-knit group of highly talented engineers at the forefront of innovation for our Portal and VR products.
- Lead display module optical/panel design and define optical specifications, test plan/methodologies.
- Proactively work with cross functional teams including EE, ME, touch, reliability, SW and system team, to drive decisions for best display module design.
- Support display color calibration process and solutions, HDR and image quality evaluation.
- Identify risks, track and resolve issues through various phases of production.
- Design and integrate new display technologies into products from the prototype phase to mass production.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% time internationally.
- Master's degree in Physics, Optical, Photonics, Color Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in display design for consumer electronics.
- Experience in display/touch module optical design and architecture, system integration, test, debugging and analysis.
- Experience with designing display module with display technologies such as LCD, backlights, or AMOLED.
- Experience performing and designing DOE, data analysis, SPC control, yield improvement, root cause investigation, FACA, and quality control.
- Knowledge of display metrology, photometry, and colorimetry.
- Experience in working with display vendors, ODMs and CMs, as well as JDM development.
- Track-record of ownership in designing and delivering consumer products.
- In-depth knowledge of AMLCD TFT, LC cell or AMOLED design and production process.
- Experience with flexible substrate display technologies.
- Expert in display optical performance related fields such as color science, CF design, LEDs, or backlight films.
- Experience with optical simulation models with tools such as Lightools, ZEMAX, or Tracepro.
- Project management, communication skills and people skills.