Remote to start with but must be onsite post C-19 restrictions are relaxed.
- Overall 12+ years of hands-on experience in Web Accessibility.
- 6+ years of work experience as a SME under web accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1, ARIA), requirements, and assistive technology.
- Conducted in-depth WCAG 2.1 compliance audits via manual reviews and using automated test tools and assistive technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and develop standards / guidelines to code for WCAG and ARIA guidelines
- Experience with screen readers and other accessibility testing tools. NDVA, JAWS, color contrast checkers.
- Developed/Updated and maintained WCAG 2.1 compliance processes and VPAT documentation based on industry and government best practices and standards.
- Performed accessibility analysis on wireframes or mock-ups to identify potential accessibility violations.
- Prepared detailed reports documenting identified violations with suggested solutions, including code examples, based on existing designs.
- Identifying and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the W3C WCAG 2.1 standards and other accessibility related laws.
- Work with software development and QA teams to ensure WCAG 2.1 compliance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with diverse project teams and across functional areas.
- Ability to communicate/present clearly and persuasively.