Facebook is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Storage Hardware team. We are looking for a Software Engineer that is passionate about hardware and enjoys working closely with hardware design engineers and storage application teams.
- Develop/test and deploy hardware abstraction layers for storage hardware.
- Prototype, evaluate and deploy flash storage protocols for Facebook environment.
- Collaborate with several storage service teams to develop strategies that enable Quality of Service, latency control, redundancy and volume management for flash based storage.
- Develop Facebook storage system management utilities for Facebook hardware.
- Collaborate with Storage Service teams to understand their future hardware needs and requirements.
- Work with open source community to develop and improve NVMe utilities for Facebook use cases.
- Work with outside vendors on RAID, HBA, HDD and SSD.
- Develop utilities for block level event logging for device monitoring.
- Develop unified storage monitoring framework.
- Create test suites for production and validation to stress software for reliability stability.
- Work with hardware team on board bring up, Bit Error Rate testing, and other hardware tests.
- Benchmark storage devices and products.
- Develop and document requirements for various server firmware.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 1+ years of experience with Linux kernel and device driver model
- 1+ years of experience scripting with PHP, Python or Perl
- 1+ years of experience coding with C/C
- Familiar with latest server architecture and components
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience with storage protocols (SAS/SATA/etc.) and protocol analyzers
- Knowledge of SCSI command sets
- Experience with SCSI Enclosure Services (SES)