The Technical Engineer in the Sound+Design group is a passionate technical studio project manager, cross-functional connector, and problem solver with extensive experience managing the technical operations of high-profile recording studios. As a member of the Sound+Design Studios pillar, you will lead the technical planning and maintenance of the Sound+Design studio facilities. By working closely with the Audio Facilities Operations Manager and other Sound+Design pillar leads, you will define the studios technical operations and maintenance workflow and facilitate studio facility project throughput. You must have the ability to thrive within cross-functional teams, excel at building and managing relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders, and exhibit organizational and communication skills. You must also demonstrate a sensitive, professional demeanor to engage regularly with executives, celebrities and VIPs. You will engage with all employees in the Facebook Sound+Design pillars and become fluent at each one's unique workflows.
- Maintain all Facebook Sound+Design Studios equipment across multiple locations.
- Field all sound studio maintenance requests across the Sound+Design group.
- Coordinate and delegate maintenance tasks to the Studios pillar support team.
- Create and maintain Studios maintenance documentation.
- Research, plan and implement technical solutions that support project activity within the studios.
- Serve as Facebook Sound+Design Studios technical point of contact for all cross-functional and Sound+Design team members during project planning and production. This includes executive, VIP, and celebrity-facing interaction.
- Work closely with Audio Facilities Operations Manager on planning, usage metrics, and scope alignment to current and anticipated future studio usage and development.
- There may be occasional weekend and evening work.
- 10+ years of experience as a recording studio maintenance engineer.
- Working knowledge of audio facilities studio technical setup, operational protocols, project technical requirements, audio/video formats and sound studio design and usage.
- Experience with music recording, mixing, long and short-form post-production, videogame, and voice recording projects.