Title: Sr. Android Developer [BizID#6450] Location: Seattle, WA Experience: 10 years Work Authorization: AND W2 ONLY Job Description: "In this role candidate will be hands on, designing, developing and maintaining code. He/she will be working in an Agile environment, delivering code, providing technical direction, and leading technical projects. In this senior level capacity, the Sr. Android Engineer is expected to both be able to act autonomously for day-to-day activities and also guide junior engineers in their day-to-day activities. Primary Responsibilities
- Design and Develop solutions for software fixes and enhancements and new features using test driven development.
- Analyze user stories and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives.
- Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members.
- Prepare and review estimates for sustainment tasks and new features.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and coding practices that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Work with product and design partners to create cost effective, high quality solutions
- Work with release management and QA teams to deliver regression free builds.
- Work with CI/CD teams to automate software building and testing.
- Mentor and guide contractors and internal team members to provide oversight and direction
- 7+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 4+ years of Android development experience
- Experience working in an Agile Team consisting of product managers, project managers, design, QA and tech.
- Kotlin, Java, Android Studio
- Understanding of industry best-practice processes related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, passion for consumer software.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven experience on at least one app in Google Play Store
- Software performance optimization (app sizing, memory usage, CPU, scaling, etc)
- Understanding of network authentication, PII and mobile application security.
- Understanding of mobile application accessibility.
- Code samples in Github
- Some iOS development experience
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Firebase or Couchbase experience