Spark powered AR experiences used by 1 billion people across the Facebook family of apps and devices last year alone. Behind all these sessions there is a novel AR platform optimized for resource constrained devices. We are looking for a Framework Architecture Engineer to drive bold technical investments around the core health of the Spark platform, from its device efficiency (binary size, battery, size, GPU/CPU utilization) to its reliability (crashes, startup). Experience with C, mobile apps at scale, performance/reliability optimizations and telemetry are a must. Knowledge of client-side graphics, computer vision and machine learning is preferred.
- Define and own high-visibility performance metrics representative of our stack's health.
- Identify technical investments that will allow us to make leaps forward in terms of efficiency and reliability.
- Optimize CPU, memory, disk, and battery usage.
- Architect systems to extend our AR platform.
- Mentor engineers on performance best practices.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- 5+ years experience with C.
- Experience with performance optimization in a stack used in applications.
- Experience building mobile software for resource constrained devices.
- Experience with modular architectures.
- Experience with systems architecture, modular architectures and performance trade-offs.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience developing apps with an embedded scripting system.
- Understanding of compiler based optimizations.
- Knowledge of client-side graphics, computer vision and/or machine learning.