A NYS agency located in New York, NY is looking for a Physical & Electronic Security Systems Administrator/ Designer for a 12+ month contract.Requirements and skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in IT related field
- Minimum 7-9 years of Information Technology experience
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of experience in Electronic Security including Video Management, Card Access or Physical Security Information Management (PSIM)
- Certifications (Lenel & Genetec, etc.) or equivalent are a plus.
- A solid foundation in information technology, including the principles and practices of systems analysis, design, development, administration, maintenance, project management and the functions of an IT Department
- Hands on experience with Electronic Security Systems implementing, integrating and upgrading applications including Genetec Video Management Systems, Lenel Access Control, Software House C-CURE, ONSSI Ocularis & Nice Vision
- Proficient with Active Directory, Microsoft Server and Windows 10
- Expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of Video Management, Card Access, Building management, Electronic Security and Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Systems, solutions and architectures
- Strong analytical skills to define technical requirements for design and configuration of the IT and Electronic Security Systems.
- Experience reading IT/Security/Construction drawing packages.
- Extensive knowledge using Office 365 and the Microsoft Office Suite including Project, PowerPoint & Visio
- Ability to make decisions and provide solutions by inquiring, listening and evaluating information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Strong Project Management background and training
- There will be remote work however onsite visits and travel throughout the NYCT Region is required. The candidate must currently live in the New York Metropolitan Area.
- Experience with: Application, Information Security, Information Technology, Local/Wide Area Networks and Project Management
- Seeking a seasoned IT Professional with hands on Physical Security Systems & Electronic Security System Administration and Design Experience.
- This position will ensure that all Physical & Electronic Security systems installed into the agency environment meet defined IT and Cyber Security standards, comply with existing policies/procedures and follow industry best practices with regards to system configuration, design and security.
- The consultant will provide input to the Director, coordinate between various vendors, IT and Business groups as well as provide technical information, advice and guidance to stakeholders.