As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external technologies. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests.
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation for technologies and tools used within Facebook.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Navigate through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and Android.
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical writing, physics, mathematics, or chemistry or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- Experience producing and organizing content with a logical flow.
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces, and working with prototype hardware in test environments.
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines.