Security Analyst/ EngineerRemote now, later onsite in Ashburn, VA or NC Responsibilities: The Security team is responsible for management of Managed Security Services for customers. Typical duties include security event analysis/investigation/escalation and change management including reviewing requirements, peer reviewing and implementing changes in accordance with Client and customer security standards.The Security Engineer is expected to work as a member of a security team and should be able to communicate effectively and intelligently via phone, email, or ticket escalations. This role requires a good understanding of networking and the ability to work in multiple customer and vendor platforms. Major Responsibilities include:
- Incident management through troubleshooting of security devices/solutions including steps to minimize the impact
- Work with peers to design, engineer, document and implement change requests in security devices
- Review threat analysis of customer networks and systems
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions.
- Training of peers, briefing customers and other Verizon organizations outside Operations
- Experience on UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Strong writing/communication skills in a customer's engagement/service environment
- Good organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work and excel within a team environment Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Information Security or equivalent professional experience
- ITIL Foundation training or certification
- At least one security certification such as Sec+, CYSA+, CCSE, CISSP, CCSP, JNCIP, CCNA Security, GCIH