We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to develop, implement, and support the deployment of manufacturing functional test modules for Facebook Open Compute, Storage, and Networking hardware. As part of the Operations Engineering team, the Manufacturing Test Engineer will work with our Test Automation Engineers, Manufacturing Quality Engineers, and with Facebook's manufacturing partners.This is a full-time position and reports to the Manager of Product Operations Engineering as part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team.
- Develop and implement test modules for the manufacturing of Facebook Open Compute Accelerator hardware.
- Engage with the Test Framework and Manufacturing Quality teams in order to implement and execute the Manufacturing Test Requirements plan throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Develop test plans, regression requirements, and test coverage assessment.
- Analyze test data to optimize manufacturing test efficiency and test times.
- Understand product quality targets and help the cross functional team meet them by designing tests, establishing test parameters/thresholds, developing logging standards, and driving continuous improvement projects within Facebook and at its manufacturing partners.
- Work with the global MQE team to drive root cause and corrective action for failures during rack integration and in the Data Center.
- Partner with the MQE team on new product introductions and develop test solutions to enable new technology.
- Work with Manufacturing Quality Engineering and Test Framework teams to deploy new test capabilities and provide training at ODM sites.
- 15% International travel is required.
- BS, Electrical or Computer Science, or a related technical qualification.
- 7+ years' experience in deploying and supporting manufacturing test software in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of accelerator hardware architecture and technologies including test/debug methodologies. Examples of this would be video encode/decode, GPU/TPU ASIC, High Bandwidth Memory, etc.
- Experience developing manufacturing test solutions, working with open source stress applications as well designing custom firmware stress applications and interpreting detailed test results for Accelerator products.
- Demonstrated use of quality tools and methodologies in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment.
- Coding experience in Python.
- Experience operating in Linux/Unix environments with knowledge of networking and network boot.
- Problem solving and communication skill.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic global environment.