Volt is hiring for Systems Engineer, Level 5 for aerospace client in Huntsville, AL. This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance.Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Leads analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Leads, develops, maintains and identifies improvements the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Product Security Engineer responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify lifecycle balanced information system security solutions.
- Leads a team of Product Security Engineers that will implement cybersecurity features on satellite vehicles and implement RMF processes for embedded computing systems.
- Evaluates resilient network operations for a satellite system and implements effective crypto keying techniques.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system security requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and anti-tamper design.
- Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Implements appropriate Accreditation and Authorization activities per JSIG, DoD and ICD 503 RMF, NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers.
- Coordinates with system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers and program management on security related activities and requirements. Works under minimal direction.