VDart – We are a Global Information Technology Services & Workforce Solutions firm headquartered out of Atlanta, GA with presence in US, Canada, MX, UK, Belgium, Japan & India. Founded in 2007, Our team of over 2550+ professionals continually create impact for our customers worldwide in solving complex technology challenges with cutting edge technologies. We specialize in providing the Fortune 1000 companies, niche hard to find skills in technologies including Social, Mobile, Big Data Analytics, Data Sciences, Cyber Security, IoT, Cloud, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. With delivery centers in the UK, Mexico, Canada, and India, we provide global workforce solutions to our customers covering EMEA, APAC & Americas. VDart is an award-winning organization recognized by Inc 5000 Hall of Fame; Atlanta Business Chronicles Fastest Growing Companies; NMSDCs National Supplier of the Year; Ernst & Youngs Regional Entrepreneur of the Year and more. SCOM Admin – Fort Worth, Texas Contract Job Description – Role: This is a dual role position of primarily a System Center Operations Manager Administrator and also performing as needed responsibilities as a Microsoft Systems Administrator for our Train Control infrastructure. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Should have experience with planning, implementing, and maintaining the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) product
- Experience with normal system administrator responsibilities in a Microsoft server management and support role in a highly available mission critical environment.
- Perform all administrative and maintenance tasks for all aspects of existing System Center Operations Manager environment. Examples include but not limited to troubleshooting, upgrading, security and role management according to company policies, maintaining client agents for Windows and Linux systems.
- Customer driven support activities including but not limited to implementing and maintaining management packs existing and custom, as required per customer need. Also implementing monitoring as requested for resources such as network, servers, workstations, and storage.
- Independently able to plan and implement new SCOM infrastructure expansions or new SCOM infrastructure as requested and perform migration of existing services between environments.
- Communicate with enterprise customers to understand scope, impact, and best practices for service delivery.
- Maintain information in configuration management systems to assure compliance and adherence to best practices, security policies, and disaster recovery requirements for all systems.
- Perform software and system configuration tasks to end-user workstations and servers through the use of automation and deployment tools.
- Participate in the research, test, and deployment of application, operating system, and hardware patches/updates in accordance with policy. Perform reboots of systems to ensure patch compliance.
- Maintain backups of critical systems in accordance with service expectations and policies.
- Operate within the organizational policies, procedures, and programs that increase system reliability/availability and strengthen disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic 24/7 environment while effectively prioritizing tasks.
- Observe change management principles and utilize change management software to document changes and work performed.
- Proactive and reactive response to issues expected with minimal supervisory interaction and good communication, leveraging several monitoring and management tools to ensure highly available systems.
- Leadership and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional and tactful manner.
- 3+ years of experience with Monitoring Tools, administering later versions of Windows Server.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager at an implementation/administration level.
- PowerShell scripting experience at the level of facilitating automation between tools such as System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Orchestrator, and VMware.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and ability to produce custom reporting from SCOM data.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) familiarity and experience performing System Administrative tasks such as patch and software management, monitoring, and reporting with SCCM.
- Recent experience with change management tools such as BMC Remedy and ServiceNow.