Volt is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for Phoenix, AZThe EMS group, is a significant contributor to a high innovation index and we are looking for an Electrical Engineer III that will improve our ranking further. If you are looking for a new challenge in an environment that fosters ideas, this could be the position for you. An Electrical Engineer III applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. Develops, designs, assembles and tests electro-mechanical systems, components and equipment.
- Execute assigned electrical engineering activities from conceptual design through system fabrication, testing and the transition to production.
- Propose solutions, prove concepts, evaluate new technologies and design trade-offs. Create, and develop analog and digital systems with an emphasis on embedded systems. Execute design analysis including: worst case analysis, reliability analysis, EMI/RFI testing, circuit simulations, bread boarding.
- Demonstrate proficiency in electronics; including creating analog and digital designs with embedded microprocessors. Capable of designing Printed Circuit Board layouts, with familiarity of construction techniques and PCB assembly.
- Directs and participate in activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Provide engineering support to the concept evaluation, procurement, manufacturing and product support functions.
- Provide design solutions that address expressed and implied (through industry knowledge) product requirements. Work closely with other disciplines and share innovative ideas with engineering design team.
- Formally report product status and testing results in a timely fashion.
- Apply fundamental engineering principles to design challenges while being aware of the implications of cost, schedule and manufacturability of the product.