Integration ArchitectIntegration Architect needed for contract role. This position will be remote, but require travel to Long Island, NY, Seattle, WA, Austin, TX, and/or Palm Springs, CA.Integration Architect for design, architecture, and deployment and of LAN/WLAN/WAN/Security/VOIP (Voice) products and converged network.
- Experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN/Security/VOIP and integration of venue solutions (e.g., A/V).
- Architecture, design, and - Extreme Networks, Cisco, and HP/Aruba
- Extreme Networks Access Points, Analytics, Control system, Management and network switches and Wi-Fi and data network integration. .
- Cisco Access Points and Antenna design, Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco DNA, and Cisco network switching (converged data network).
- Aruba Network platforms ranging from Aruba Networks Wireless Controllers (WLC), Aruba Networks Airwave (AMP), Aruba Instant Access Points, Aruba Networks Clearpass Policy Manager (CPPM) (Wired/Wireless), /Clearpass Guest (CPG), Aruba Airwave Management Platform (AMP), as well as Aruba Mobility Access Switches (MAS)
- Data, Wi-Fi, Security and VOIP architecture across Voice, Wireless, Routing and Switching including security devices and deployment in large, complex, high density environments, particular large venues and/or sports and entertainment facilities.
- Consistently demonstrate the value of Verizon Professional Services by delivering highly professional and successful engagements.
- Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives.
- Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align technology and infrastructure with client project objectives.
- Translate Client business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements.
- Collaborate with presales engineering on strategic architectural planning to achieve goals by prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future state architectures.
- BSc or BEng degree in Computer Science or related field or work experience equivalent,
- Ten+ years of experience within network and security engineering and other data communications fields.
- Strong background in Wireless/Mobility/Cellular networks and Networking/Internetworking devices, protocols and operating systems. Including Security and Voice.
- Responsible for RF designs, RF propagation modeling, site surveys at enterprise locations with tools such as Ekahau & AirMagnet. Data collection, troubleshooting, interference analysis, and RF optimization
- Responsible for business requirements gathering from owner, tenant, trades, and systems connected to the network. Activities include network/security design and implementation.
- Professional or higher level industry certifications within the network engineering field such as CCNP, JNCIP (any track), CCIE across Routing and Switching, Voice, Wi-Fi, and Security.
- Demonstrated expertise in solution design -ability to lead a design related discussion with leading questions to fully vet a customer's requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design recommendation, knowledge of other technologies and their network requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.).
- Demonstrated communication and relational skills - able to form a trusted advisor relationship with a customer, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
- Demonstrated expertise in network design -ability to lead a LAN/WLAN/WAN/Security/Voice design-related discussion with leading questions to fully vet a customer's requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design recommendation, knowledge of other technologies and their network requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, emerging technologies such as IoT, SDN, NFV, 5G, and MEC, with a focus on Enterprise use cases.
- The ability to prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals.
- A willingness to travel to customer locations and work away from home
- Does not require direct supervision able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
- Able to perform a wide variety of technical and organizational tasks and may lead or direct the work of others.