- Assist in the administration of cloud services within the Data Lake environment, monitoring and analyzing the capabilities and performance of the systems with a continual eye towards automation and continuous improvements.
- Follow needed processes, governance structures, performance metrics and reporting.
- Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
- Maintains expertise by in-depth involvement in the research and technology development in the field.
- Configuration and network security and administration of the systems to make sure they are working correctly, and they are up to date.
- As needed, identifies the most qualified internal resources and/or contractor team to assist with tasks and escalates issues outside of their purview in an expedient manner.
- It is also the individual's responsibility to manage and upgrade software and manage application security. They'll compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment. It is the individual's responsibility to document systems infrastructure for the convenience of the users.
- Works with user groups to solve complex or very detailed technical problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
- Mentors and advises technical team members in associated technical areas of expertise, does not have direct management responsibility. Demonstrates expertise through informal leadership roles.
- Extremely fast-paced environment and ability to context-switch between many parallel tasks is a must.
- Hands on technical abilities and skillset with the pertinent technologies.
- 3+ years of hands-on Linux administration, including Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS/Domain Controller setup, Networking, Remote Desktop.
- Experience installed and configuring complex software in Linux or Windows environment (multi-machine setups, high availability, enterprise grade software).
- Experience managing users, roles, groups in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in AWS, networking and cloud environments.
- Experience with Linux administration, Hadoop, Data Storage technologies.