Facebook is inventing the future of augmented reality - the natural technological evolution of mobile computing. We believe that a key component of this mission is to improve and enhance human hearing and audio sensing. We are looking for passionate and articulate technologists, who love jumping in to solve novel problems, and enjoy working with talented interdisciplinary teams. The core responsibilities of this role requires a background in real time audio algorithm design, tuning/integration, and experience with acoustic systems.
- Contributing member to projects from concept to product.
- Develop novel systems, firmware, algorithms and signal processing code.
- Collaborate closely with both the research and product team to deploy new technologies including augmenting systems and algorithms to make them robust to shipping scenarios.
- Strong collaboration with the interdisciplinary audio team, providing creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Work with hardware and silicon teams to develop new prototypes and devices.
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience with development of software systems.
- 3+ years of experience integrating, debugging, and shipping audio algorithms and technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with real-time audio.
- Expertise in audio signal processing and auditory perception, both classical and machine learned techniques.
- Experience with audio system design including silicon through user experience.