Process Development Associate-Scientific-Santa Clara, CAWe are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to work with our dynamic R&D RNA chemistry team as a Process Development Associate. Responsible for Supporting the R&D process development team in organization and control of laboratory functions. This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated scientists who are involved in the development of a key product line in the CRISPR market which is expected to grow rapidly in the upcoming years.Key responsibilities:
- General Lab Maintenance Get trained on existing procedures and optimize or improve efficiencies for lab materials and reagents usage policy, lab supply inventory management, safety stocks, reorder points, procurement and purchasing, and shipping activities. Maintains reagents and materials inventories to facilitate operations.
- Samples Maintenance Responsible for tracking samples from start to finish through laboratory workflows. Collaborate closely with scientists and research associates to keep track of samples progress, maintain records and communicate broadly to team. Organize data into clear and easy to read reports
- Lab Equipment Management - Maintains up to date laboratory equipment inventory. Executes or plans with Facilities & Engineering to manage preventive maintenance, calibration, compliance activities, and cleaning schedules. Ensures equipment maintenance documentation is captured including relevant equipment logbooks.
- Provides technical support to laboratory operators in reagent preparation, automated liquid handling equipment, HPLC equipment operation, lyophilization and other purification activities as needed. Supports technical leads in new equipment sourcing, evaluation and demonstration.
- In addition, this position will strive to enable operational excellence and support high efficiency, error prevention systems. The Operations Associate will encourage an environment where all team members are in sync with our customer needs and R&D needs, agile in our mindset and able to provide ingenuity in our response to deliver efficient and effective operations.
- Bachelor's degree; Preferred area of study: Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related discipline; MS degree in chemistry or related discipline
- 3+ Years of relevant lab hands-on operational experience (preferred - process chemistry or analytical chemistry), lab management experience is preferred.
- Passion for streamlining process workflows and automation of paperwork.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly, document, improve and train others
- Practiced in the management of laboratory chemicals and raw materials inventories.
- Strong technical communication skills. Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing of procedures and work instructions, HPLC experience, RNA handling, visual presentation, document control.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, comfort with working with teams in multiple remote locations, ability to multi-tasks and projects and meeting of deadlines. Influences peers without direct reporting structure.
- Excellent time management, record keeping, teamwork skills
- Computer literacy including proficiency Word and Excel. Previous experience with sample tracking systems is highly desired
- Exposure to Spotfire for data tracking is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team.