Position: Lead Data Engineer Location: Watsonville, CA Duration: Long Term Contract Job Description: Required
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in design, development, anddeployment of large-scale, distributed, and cloud-deployed software services.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Strong experience in Python and Spark
- Strong experience in AWS (Glue, lambda, step functions, redshift)
- Good experience in communicating and leading offshore team
- Good experience working with business teams.
- Must have been part of minimum 2 end to end big data projects and must have handled defined modules independently.
- Expert in SQL and good with data modelling for relational,analytical and big data workloads.
- Advanced programming skills with Python, Scala or Java.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, & distributed systems.
- Strong experience and deep understanding of Spark internals.
- Expert in Hive.
- Strong experience in Azure (Preferred:Azure Architect Certified).
- Strong experience in Snowflake Data Warehouse (Preferred:Snowflake pro Certified).
- Experience in working with both batch and streaming datasets.
- Good experience in Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services.
- Experience in working with Kafka or related messaging queue technology.
- Hands on experience in writing shell scripts for automating processes.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Delivery focused and willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Takes initiative and responsibility for delivering complex software.
- Knowledge of building REST API end points for data consumption.
- Excellent oral and written communication is a must.
- Well versed with Agile methodologies and experience in working with scrum teams.
- Master's in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience building self-service tools for analytics would be plus.
- Knowledge of ELK stack would be a plus.
- Knowledge of implementing CI/CD on the pipelines is a plus.
- Knowledge of Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes) will be plus.
- Knowledge of building RESTful services would be an added advantage.
- Experience working with one of the popular Public Cloud based platforms.