Position /Job Title: Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP) Liaison to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (SpRCO) Work Location: Albuquerque, NM - Kirtland AFB Job Summary: This position will serve as the SSDP Liaison to the SpRCO. The liaison, along with the SpRCO Liaison to SSDP, will serve as the daily interface between the SpRCO and SSDP. The liaison will be embedded in the SpRCO as part of the Advanced Capabilities and Strategic Capabilities Groups. At the SpRCO, the liaison will be collocated with the two groups to interface and provide insight into how the SpRCO's requirements are being developed and executed. The liaison will organize the interface between the SpRCO and SSDP to optimize engagements between the SpRCO programs and the SSDP divisions. Specific attention will be given to the Space Control, Enterprise, Electronic Warfare, and Space Domain Awareness Divisions or as directed by SSDP leadership. The liaison will coordinate schedules between the SpRCO and SSDP. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- Ability to develop and present decision quality briefings and papers to SSDP and SpRCO leadership
- Ability to interface with senior government leadership, be an active participant in a team environment, and able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Demonstrated problem solving/critical thinking in complex and dynamic organizational environments
- Proficient in Security processes/procedures (e.g., document marking/handling, generating and transmitting classified visit requests)
Desired (optional) skill sets:
- 10+ years' experience with AF space and/or NRO capabilities
- Master's Degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Physics, Math, or Operations Research
- Experience with SSDP and SpRCO mission areas
- Experience with Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis and/or Data Analytics
Physical Requirements: Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Security Clearance: Position may require the member to have and maintain an active high-level DoD security clearance. Company Summary: Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services. Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions On Time & On Budget." Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
- Knowledge of Planning, Programming and Budgeting System (PPBS) and policy, procedures, and schedules for developing Program Objectives (POM), Budget Estimate Submissions (BES) and Financial Plans
- 5+ years' experience with POM development and the PPBE process
- Knowledge of program management concepts and experience implementing them in real-world situations (within a Space Program Office or MAJCOM highly desired)