Facebook Reality Labs bring together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Cameras and Sensors Group has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs in core technology and delivering them to market at scale. The Cameras and Sensors Group is looking for a Camera Systems Engineer who has extended experience of leading high-performance camera hardware development from concept to production volume ramp in consumer electronics.
- Define engineering requirement specification for design, test, manufacturing and sourcing of camera module, lens, optical filter and other camera components.
- Lead manufacturing partners on camera hardware design evaluation, prototyping, qualification and production bring up.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams, contract manufacturer camera integrators and component suppliers on DFM and camera module assembly NPI line bring-up.
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams (Product design, Industrial design, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Sensor Technology, Technical Program Management) for camera hardware development and system integration.
- Debug optical/electrical/mechanical issues during camera module development.
- 20% time travel to off-shore suppliers is required.
- Lead camera sub-system validation and testing (including image quality, electrical and mechanical testing) in both internal Lab and at manufacturing sites.
- Work with image sensor and camera module vendors to define roadmaps, priorities, and custom solutions for Augmented/Virtual Reality products.
- Failure analysis and debugging of camera hardware at both module and product level.
- Create proof of concepts camera hardware around the latest camera hardware technologies.
- Provide camera system metrology and validation plan and instructions to internal and/or external design, prototyping and manufacturing groups.
- BS in Optics, Imaging Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields/experience
- Knowledge of camera module design principles and best practices with knowledge of image quality fundamentals and their system drivers
- Experience communicating and working with cross-functional groups
- 3+ years of experience with consumer electronics manufacturing, partnering with Asia-based suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Data analysis experience with JMP, MATLAB, Excel, or other analysis software
- 3+ years of experience in camera module design, optical simulation, metrology, testing and lab work to verify imaging component, assembly and system level performance
- MS in Optical Engineering, Imaging Science, Physics, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience in Image sensor design, characterization and tuning
- ISP tuning experience
- Experience in depth sensing system design and manufacturing
- Experience in electrical circuit design and test
- Experience with compact lens optics design & testing
- Experience working with Android camera HAL
- Experience with image quality evaluation methodology