We are conducting search for a Big Data/Spark Developer for one of our clients. This will be an on-site position based in Jersey City, NJ. Position: Big Data/Spark Developer Location: Jersey City, NJ Job Length: Long term Position Type: C2C/W2 Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in Java 8, AWS, Apache Spark
- Good understanding of Spring Boot, Microservices,
- Stays current with technology trends in order to provide best options for solutions Self-directed and is able to decompose work into problem sets for self and project team
- Good experience on data streaming(ex. Kafka). data messaging and event driven systems.
- Experience with persistence technologies such as SQL and No-SQL(ex. Cassandra) platforms
- Equally capable working as part of a team or independently
- Hands-on experience with a cloud platform such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS, or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Designs, develops, tests and delivers software solutions using one or more commercial languages as well as, open source tools. Develops and delivers software in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Comfortable working within a culture of accountability and experimentation
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to implement solutions and generate reporting to meet business goals
- Demonstrate critical thinking for potential roadblocks; comprehends bigger picture of the business and effectively communicates these issues to greater news digital organization
- Collaborates with reporting teams and business owners to turn data into actionable business insights using self-service analytics and reporting tools