Job Number: 234191Manager Software Engineering Permanent/Full-TimeWatertown, MA (REMOTE during COVID)Our client is seeking a Software Engineering Manager for a permanent position based in Watertown, MA.As an Engineering Manager, you will lead work on services that currently aggregates organization and provider data to enable the search functionality. This highly impactful work provides high quality data for search purposes, adding intelligence to our algorithms to reduce false positives and making sure the data that is maintained by Directory is valid for our consumers.Responsibilities
- As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you are able to challenge and grow your team members.
- Build, lead, and serve an effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- Work closely with your team engineers, product owner, and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate a partnership between engineers, product managers, and architect to set the right goals and drive solutions across our platform.
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices and develop technical strategy to guide short and long-term plans.
- Partner with other leaders as we craft and evolve an agile, learning organization while nurturing a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in-line with our values.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with exact title for this role depending on demonstrated skills.
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language and relational databases
- We work in Agile environment, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful.