Extension is seeking a Data Platform Technical Lead for a Full-time opportunity with one of our clients located in the Madison, WI area.What You'll Impact at Our Client As the Data Platform Technical Lead, you will lead a team of 5 individuals and be responsible for performing all the activities involved in managing, creating, and enhancing of this organization's next generation data and analytics platform capabilities. You will the review, analyze, and modify systems including configuration, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's data platform systems. A strong understanding of cloud architecture, ETL/ELT, data management, and data modeling must be possessed, and experience with business operations and how the business operations use the data platform. What We're Looking For Strategy & Planning
- Provide Project Management for enterprise data platform upgrades.
- Participate in the strategic vision and alignment of the enterprise data platform its respective road-maps.
- Generate enterprise budget requirements.
- Consults and leads engagements with data platform and analytics users, and Business Systems Analysts to identify current operating procedures and to clarify configuration objectives.
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Conduct research into data and analytics products and services in support of data development and purchasing efforts.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing data platforms applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Create and enhance analytic platforms & tools that enable state of the art, next generation Data capabilities to analytic users and applications.
- Lead and assist application development teams during application design and development for highly complex and critical data projects.
- Lead the data platform team to deliver all data projects including migration to new data technologies for unstructured, streaming, and high volume IoT/Sensor data.
- Building efficient data platform for structured and unstructured data.
- Developing and deploying EDW & distributed computing Big Data applications using frameworks like SnowFlake, Talend, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure IoT hub and Kafka.
- Utilizing programming languages like SQL, Python, & Java with an emphasis in tuning, optimization, and best practices for application developers
- Developing data management frameworks, policies, and processes that comply with the organizations Architecture and Data Governance best practices.
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of end user capabilities
- Developing data solutions on cloud deployments such as Azure & SnowFlake Industry experience in Manufacturing Services
- Hands on experience leading delivery through Agile methodologies
- Management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Leads the Data Platform Team which Develops complex ETL/ELT and maintains/supports live backend data systems to ensure business continuity
- Works with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices, documentation, and improved team processes.
- Leads a Data Platform Team, conducts performance reviews, and mentors staff.
- High end appliance manufacturer with a stellar reputation and quality brand name.
- They are growing, have a great company culture, provide growth potential, and work/life balance