IT Project Manager Summary The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute and implement IT Projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring technical and business resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver Projects according to plan. The IT Project Manager will define the Project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Job Responsibilities:
- Define Project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Define Project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout Project lifecycle
- Establish Project timelines and milestones/deliverables using the appropriate tools.
- Determine frequency and content of status reports from other Project managers, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas/mitigate Project risks.
- Effectively communicate Project expectations including scope and technical requirements to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with Project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Set and continually manage Project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule Project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track Project milestones and deliverables.
- Ensures that software development and change management policies are adhered to for Project tasks and deliverables. Provide content to implementation and training plan.
- Conduct Project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful Project elements.
- Effectively manage Project teams' time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed
- Communicates Project progress by producing Project reports to provide timely and accurate Project status and decision support information to Project team, business and management. Coordinates resources to ensure Project needs are addressed. Requirements:
- Experience managing medium to large sized Projects including Upgrade Projects from On-Prem to SaaS solution and Integration Projects
- Hands on experience working with technical team is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office tools - Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong familiarity with Project management software, such as Microsoft Project and/or Planview
- Experience in working and coordinating across multiple IT and Business teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent relationship management skills. Can work effectively with all levels of personnel
- Pharmaceutical experience and/or working in a validated environment a plus
- Experience with Model N application, Planview is a plus Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of IT related experience with 3+ years of managing projects