Facebook's Facebook Reality Labs organization brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products connecting people and communities and help advance Facebook's mission of bringing the world closer together. The Wireless Technologies team gathers world class expertise and talent in RF, Antenna, DVT, Wireless Firmware and Wireless Systems and owns the definition, development and validation of every wireless interface across the whole Facebook Reality Labs product portfolio. We are seeking a Firmware Engineer to support development of wireless MAC firmware, system integration and BSP bring up for Facebook Reality Labs product. In this role, you will be a key member of a team of innovators, working on cutting-edge wireless technologies and be aimed at pushing beyond the state of the art for developing wireless technologies that will enable the future of Facebook Reality Labs.
- Interface and collaborate with wireless chipset vendors to ensure vendor's MAC HW/SW architectures and implementation meet AR/VR spec and performance requirements.
- Design, implement and integrate wireless MAC/FW/Driver that will be tightly coupled with AR/VR usage scenarios, with stringent performance and power requirements.
- System firmware development including power-management, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations.
- General embedded system firmware development for platforms under development for AR/VR products.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with wireless communication software/firmware architecture, especially on 802.11 and BT wireless communication principles and protocols
- 1+ years of experience in embedded wireless firmware/driver development
- Experience with Android wireless driver and platform framework
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Must have proven communication skills
- Hands-on experience in 802.11 lower level MAC and FW/Driver (management path and data path) development
- Understanding on Bluetooth Classic and BLE architecture including the controller stacks and host stacks
- Good understanding of SoC architecture, DMA, PCIe and GPIO. Proficiency in debugging embedded software systems
- Industry experience with embedded wireless firmware/driver development