Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day operation of the SAS platform, and provide project support to researchers and analysts as they begin to use the SAS data analytics capabilities.
- Provides comprehensive programming leadership and support to development teams
- Ensures quality of deliverables by consistently applying analysis and reporting standards, and driving compliance with regulatory requirements, corporate and departmental SOPs and work practices
- Drives the development and implementation of innovative strategies and technologies for clinical trial programming
- Develops unambiguous and robust programming specifications for internal and external programming work
- Provides technical guidance to business analysts, development team, researchers and technical staff to analyze business requirements and provide guidance on using appropriate SAS tools and SAS coding techniques including statistical methodologies and data manipulation.
- Reviews planning documents (e.g. statistical analysis plans, data presentation plans, data review plans) to ensure clarity, integrity and compliance with requirements and standards
- Create functional design documents, requirements documents, user documentation, technical documentation, research papers and any other documentation as required by the project.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Create data dissemination mechanisms /procedures that summarize data in an easy to understand display.
- Provide knowledge transfer to others.
- Provide guidance to researchers and developers in use of SAS tools and methodologies.
- Provide guidance to users in use of SAS clients, including eGuide, and clients associated with the products installed on the platform.
- Work with users to understand and define project security, data, and operational requirements.
- Master's degree with 8+ years of experience OR Bachelor's degree with 14+ years
- Experience managing a team of developers, administrators and analysts
- Hands-on experience with SAS tools deployed on SAS product including eGuide 7.13
- Experience using SAS DI studio and ETL workflows
- Experience extracting data on mainframe using JCL and SAS Connect
- Experience with taking business requirements, translating them into technical requirements, and then to convert to Implementable SAS solution.
- Proven experience in developing functional applications and systems of medium to high technical complexity is required
- Expert use of SQL, experience with relational databases including DB2 and MS SQL Server.
- General knowledge of project management and good management skills
- Excellent communication skills and be effective technical writers.
- Knowledge must include architectural design, web part development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting implementations at an Enterprise-scale
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Be a proactive self-starter
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS DI studio
- Mainframe JCL