Facebook is seeking an experienced QA/QC Program Engineer to join our Construction team in support of the Global Data Center Connectivity components of the construction process. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. This role is responsible for the generation, implementation and management of the Facebook Quality Control Program, focusing on the coordination, performance and execution of Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) cabling inspections and testing services for our global footprint of Data Centers. The QA/QC Program Engineer will work with the QA/QC Program Manager to implement an industry leading QA/QC vision and strategy, and develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable Facebook's successful expansion.
- Develop/monitor quality program metrics to evaluate the project's performance. Analyze said metrics to understand the root cause of any disconcerting trends and then work with the applicable parties (internal and external) to correct those items.
- Contribute to building a high performing team by mentoring and developing the global portfolio of fiber optic partners respective QA/QC teams.
- In conjunction with GDCC Management and other Regional Management teams, develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Provide leadership to the quality team, and interface at the highest level between design, hardware, and field operations leadership as well as installation partners.
- Provide training of personnel to ensure awareness of quality procedures and specific responsibilities in the QA/QC process.
- Coordinate quality issues between the Facebook design, hardware, and field operations teams.
- Audit QA/QC activities of staff, installation partners, and subcontractors as often and as necessary to assess conformance with the QA/QC procedures.
- Create framework for submittal reviews for quality assurance and provide comments to ensure all documents are compliant.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Develop, review and approve, if required, Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) documentation related to product and process quality such as Construction Quality Procedures (CQPs) and checklists, technical deliverables, and test procedures and plans.
- Recommend and verify effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions for project non-conformances and quality issues, in coordination with Project and Quality Management, design, engineering, construction and other functional disciplines.
- Assist Facebook Site Team in review of Turnover Documentation Package for completeness and accuracy throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitor open issues in BIM360 and escalate any outstanding open items not getting closed out in a timely manner with responsible site teams and responsible parties.
- Assist in development of project specific QA/QC dashboards, equipment tracking matrices, and semi-annual QA/QC "Deep Dive" presentations.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 30%.
- 10+ years' experience in quality control & quality assurance (QA/QC) programs for data centers or high availability telecom/network deployments.
- Experience leading QA/QC programs in a construction environment.
- Experience in contractor, consultant and vendor management.
- Experience in developing (design) or interpreting (construction) quality specifications.
- Experience adapting to a fast-paced, hands-on, start-up work environment.
- Experience utilizing Autodesk BIM360 software.