Senior Application DeveloperResponsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, maintenance and support of complex applications and processes.
- Meet eMedNY Program standards associated with specification development, coding, code review, unit and string testing, and related documentation.
- Create appropriate documentation artifacts associated with the SDLC stage for review and approval.
- Assist in preparing effort and duration estimates associated with systemic enhancements.
- Assist in production and other support activities, and resolve issues that may arise.
- Stay abreast of industry technical and development trends, and remain current with standards.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the IT industry
- Eight (8) or more years of COBOL, CICS and DB2 required
- Eight (8) or more years of combined Angular JS and JAVA application development experience required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, application development personnel and management
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple team members, as well as productively as an individual.
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Java (multithreaded programming)
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- Java Unit Testing Framework (JUint)
- Spring Framework (Core, Boot, Batch, Data, REST)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- SOAP/RESTful Web Services
- Apache Ant, Maven
- XML Related Technologies - XSD, XPath, XSLT, etc.
- Eclipse IDE
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence, or similar tools
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail required