Ruby on Rails developer 100% REMOTE 6 months contract to hire. Need Ruby on Rails developer with data integration. Key is Rails, Server Side (backend) development, API development. Job Description: Our client is looking for an expert Software Engineer that focuses on data integration specifically focused on critical platform components that exchange data with third parties. Our client's third parties (end clients) includes payment processors, data enrichment companies, online sales organizations, etc. These though can sometimes be dated, so the right person will be comfortable writing code that can communicate with API's that speak XML, transmit via something other than HTTP, and possibly require specialized adaptations. You'll also build internal APIs with RESTful integrations using HTTP where available. Required Skills:
- 5+ years of Software Data Integration experience
- Strong expertise in RubyOnRails and AWS Lambda/RDS/API Gateway
- Experience building code that talks to and consumes data from other APIs.
- Experience accessing data layers using ActiveRecord
- Experience with the API toolset: REST, HTTP, GraphQL, JSON, XML, Postman, etc.
- Strong expertise in SQL, relational databases.
- Experience in designing and building public and internal APIs
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery mechanisms
- Experience in Unit/Integration testing of APIs
- Experience with NoSQL databases, esp. DynamoDB
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Strong experience with open-source tooling
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent relevant experience in a technical field