Our client is a growing and stable chemical manufacturing company, located in Forest Grove, OR, is seeking an EHS Specialist to join their team on a direct hire basis. We have worked with them for over 7 years, and everyone we have placed there is enjoying a fulfilling career with advancement and opportunity. This EHS Specialist position offers a supportive and productive work environment, great benefits, fair pay, and healthy work-life balance. They focus on safety and expanding the knowledge of the employee's duties and how the plant operates. Management is very competent and works hard to stay ahead of the competition. This is a unique opportunity for an EHS specialist to take their career to the next level.Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct comprehensive safety and environmental audits of MPCA departments and facilities.
- Play an active role in maintaining regulatory compliance with Chemical Process Safety Management (PSM) & Risk Management Plan (RMP); Control of Hazardous Energies; Electrical Safety; Powered Industrial Trucks; Job Hazard Analyses (JHA) and procedure reviews; Emergency Action Plans; Fire Protection and Safety; Hazard Communication; Personal Protective Equipment; Environmental programs such as Hazardous Waste, Air Quality, Waste Water, Storm Water, etc.
- Partner with departments to complete, track and close incident / injury and near miss investigations.
- Review and approve various work permits for hot work and line breaks, and pre-task plans, etc.
- Perform environmental sampling and monitoring, and compliance reporting.
- Identify and anticipate environmental, health, safety concerns / hazards and implement solutions, and maintain EHS information, files and paperwork as needed per internal and external requirements.
- Conduct EHS related training to ensure compliance with legal, system and customer requirements. This includes facilitate and entering training records as required for O and T Plants.
- Interpret and implement safety and environmental standards requirements.
- Actively role model all company environmental, health and safety standards.
- Assist in providing safety orientation training for new employees, contractors and visitors.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA and applicable regulatory agency
- Knowledge and experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) & Risk Management Plan (RMP)
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 standards
- Bachelor of Science degree in industrial hygiene environmental engineering, environmental science, or other EHS related subject or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in chemical manufacturing environment with EHS responsibilities.
- Tier ll reports, air permitting, RCRA, and hazardous waste
- Ammonium Hydroxide/Hazardous chemical experience or equivalent
- RCRA 10-hr or 30-hr training certification.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER certification.