Facebook Reality Labs is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, content, and health. Our team has the responsibility for taking breakthrough concepts and delivering them to market at scale. We are seeking a Systems Architect Electrical Engineer who has experience in consumer electronics and battery operated mobile products.
- As an electrical systems architect, you will lead architecture and design of complex systems that cut across multiple domains for mass production in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Collaborate with Product management, Systems Engineering, and other cross functional teams to assess viability of platforms, new product features, and put together an electrical architecture for the product.
- Identify opportunities and technologies that improve product performance or user experience, develop a plan to validate and mature new technologies, and collaborate with the product team to integrate new features in products.
- Collaborate with system program management to assess and develop project schedule and milestones as well as identify risks and mitigation plan.
- Select major components, design, implement, debug and characterize embedded systems with end-to-end ownership of EE product design from concept to design.
- Design schematics, drive board layouts, assembly, test, debug, and integrate designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- Optimize architecture and circuits for performance, power/signal integrity, and battery life.
- Drive resolution of technical issues by working with the cross-functional teams, such as, Mechanical, SW, Technology teams, Quality/Reliability, CM/JDM, and vendors.
- Lead lab measurements and factory test debug as needed to validate the design and resolve any issues.
- Track test progress, bugs, and fixes and drive changes to design based on resolution.
- Work closely with CM/JDM resources to leverage their engineers and maximize the focus of internal resources on adding value to and differentiating our product.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience architecting and designing consumer electronics products
- 10+ years of experience in consumer electronics or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in embedded or mobile system design based on SOCs, hardware architecture, board design, board bring-up and product NPI experience
- Experience and knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) technologies, such as rigid, flex, hybrid, HDI, etc.
- Knowledge of the relationship between physical layout and electrical performance
- Experience leading technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors against project plans
- Familiarity with typical consumer electronics product development lifecycle
- MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience bringing new technologies and product categories to market
- Expert in one or more subsystems in typical consumer electronics products such as camera, display, audio, SOC/Compute, sensors, power etc.
- Experience performing bench level measurements for high speed signal and power
- Experience leveraging technical and product development experience and strong cross-collaboration relationships to influence product direction