Our clientis a leading provider of best-in-class information technology services and solutions. Right now they areSenior Linux System Administrator for one of their main clients in Torrance, CA. The ideal candidate stays ahead of technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technologies.This is a hybrid remote 6 month Contract to Hire position in Torrance, CARequired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years' of experience in technical and system administration
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Redhat administration
- Experience working with Cisco UCS servers or equivalent
- Exposure to VMware infrastructure support
- Solid grasp of SAN management and configuration (NetApp/Pure preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience supporting centralized backup systems.
- Patching, securing, and troubleshooting Linux and Windows in a heterogeneous environment.
- Support the overall Enterprise's IT infrastructure including administration, maintenance, support, and planning capacity.
- Assist with IT infrastructure lifecycle management, planning capacity procurement, and vendor management.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and administration of server patching strategy, and plan and undertake regular maintenance work across all IT systems.
- Actively supervise monitoring systems for potential issues, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Ensure accurate server and data backup operations and assist with recovery operations as needed.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
- Compensation: competitive pay based on experience
- Job Type: 6 month Contract to Hire
- Location: Remote