Quality Engineer - Mac Tools - Westerville Ohio Come Make the World With UsStanley Black & Decker Corporation is the largest tool manufacturer in the world. Our industrial businesses serve customers whose primary market drivers are automotive repair and industrial production. We cover military, mining, transit, agriculture, energy, aviation, and manufacturing, to start. Our industrial tool businesses build the tools that build your world. We are capable of bringing the strength of the world's largest tool company to provide multi-platform solutions to the industrial and automotive repair industry. We believe we can make this happen, and we would like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, Stanley Black & Decker can bring together the best in science, technology, business, and human resources to continue to grow and succeed in our market.What You'll DoAs a Quality Engineer, you'll be part of our Quality team located in Westerville, Ohio. The Quality Engineer (QE) will be responsible for researching and responding to all customer complaints, defining the criteria used for first article submissions from Mac Tools' suppliers as well as reviewing first article submissions for approval. The QE will also be responsible for the review, maintenance, and improvement to the Quality Management System.Principle Duties:
- Assists product managers in establishing and/or modifying product specifications.
- Leads the corrective action activities for customer complaints
- Communicates with product managers regarding quality issues with current and pre-launch tools, and first article submission timing
- Coordinates corrective action with suppliers, as needed, resulting from first article testing and/or customer complaints.
- Investigate quality complaints, evaluate inventory, and sort items by using predetermined pass/fail methods.
- Perform teardown analysis on top warranty return SKUs and drive corrective action through design, material, or manufacturing improvements
- Provide support to the repair department on high-frequency warranty repair items and drive corrective actions with the supplier.
- Assist in internal compliance audits as workload permits.
- Generate the appropriate quality reports, graphs, and charts as required.
- Any other job-related tasks as requested by Manager
- Warranty Expense, Customer Claims, Warranty Return percentage by item # and category
- Completing tasks timely and accurately
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional experience in Quality
- BS Degree in engineering, operations management, or equivalent experience
- Experience with all professional tools (especially power, diagnostic and hand tools) is preferred
- Must have experience as a self-directed, technical leader and problem solver with the ability to handle multiple daily priorities in a fast-paced environment to achieve results
- Disciplined problem-solving mindset individually as well as part of a team
- Experience in the application of Advanced Quality Planning Tools - PFMEA, Control Plans Measurement Systems Analysis, Capability Studies
- Strong research skills
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, etc
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software