Company Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas CityDevelops conceptual, logical and physical IT engineering designs, that support the infrastructure requirements of varying levels of technical and business application projects. Completes analysis of business requirements, as it relates to technical infrastructure design, and ensure traceability of the design to the business requirements. Assesses testing requirements and prepares testing strategies, as well as preparing implementation and transition plans. This position requires a seasoned professional with a full understanding of industry practices.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs resolution of complex hardware, environmental software operating systems and subsystems. Oversees problem avoidance actions.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic and documentation as necessary.
- May authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption.
- Evaluates, recommends, and selects new software/hardware.
- Performs change and problem management using standard tools. Ensures conformance and compliance with existing system standards. Measure's performance to ensure proper operation.
- Leads highly technical/complex projects utilizing FRIT/System staff and resources.
- Follows and ensures adherence to technical standards for programming and design techniques. Trains
- System technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security Manual guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Typically requires at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Associate degree in information technology or a closely related field from a technical/vocational school, an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Intermediate understanding of subject.
- Performs most work independently with general supervision and direction.
- May consult with management or more senior staff in decisionmaking
- Comprehensive knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area.
- General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
- General understanding of: HTTP Protocols, HTML, Gitlab, GitHub, Helix
- C#, C, Visual Basic, Bash, Linux, Python, Service Now developer, Java, automation administration, writing and editing PowerShell, experience with rest APIs preferred.
- Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.