Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a Network Monitor Specialist to support efforts for the NMCI/SMIT program to perform network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the Navy's NMCI network. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of the SMIT program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.Network Monitoring Specialist is responsible for monitoring events and incidents that affect server and service health across the Enterprise and documenting outage.Primary Responsibilities
- The Network Monitor is responsible for monitoring events and incidents that affect server and service health across the Enterprise, documenting outage information including actions taken to respond to incidents and resolve the outage.
- The Current Operations Watch team monitors multiple server solutions which are a critical to the functionality of our user's ability to perform their mission on a daily basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Utilize internal systems to report incidents to leadership.
- Takes escalations of any alerts/events identified as significant and requiring action.
- Performs initial assessment and triage on the criticality and impact of events and engages the appropriate processes and personnel if escalation outside OC is required.
- Provides support to Site Operations and other external organizations through the use of problem resolution skills and independent decision making.
- Maintains timely (5 minutes or less) response to network infrastructure warning, critical and fatal event alert notices.
- Ensures the Critical Situation Manager is apprised of all details regarding any significant events or incidents.
- Requires 1-4 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- 8570 Compliant meeting the IAT level certification requirements
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices (ITIL Foundations)
- Knowledgeable on tools used in an Enterprise organization that aids in Event Management; Incident Management and performance Management
- Worked in a DOD environment and understands customer communication
- Experience in a data center environment
- Performs well under pressure and ability to calm end users
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR and SIPR
- Willing to perform shift work
- 6 PM - 6 AM ETShift 2: Sun - Tues and every other Wed
- Prior military experience a plus; USMC or USN IT experience preferred
- Experience working with networking technologies and data centers
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Ability to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with other teams to resolve issues and communicate status effectively to peers, subordinates and program leadership.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings