DevOps Engineer onsite - Austin TXLong termc2cNotes: onsite in Austin with a remote day every Wednesday!Required Skills: Azure,.NETSUMMARY:The DevOps Engineer position is responsible for being release automation and technical excellence evangelist, working closely with dev teams to guide them in their journey towards safe, repeatable, and ideally, human-less deployments.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Development and continual refinement of the strategy around how developers build and deploy cloud-hosted company assets as frictionless and with as much self-sufficiency as possible.
- Ensure development teams have the tooling and technical Infrastructure required to support our rapid feature development.
- Develop and implement DevSecOps strategies for ensuring developers are building features and infrastructure securely and that cloud-hosted assets meet all industry-standard and company compliance requirements.
- Regularly assess cloud-hosted IaaS resources and determine options and roadmap for conversion to PaaS.
- Participate in periodic disaster recovery and chaos engineering drills, assessing weaknesses and working with the appropriate stakeholders to develop plans for improvement.
- Provide Technical and Architectural guidance to the development teams in an advisory capacity.
- A passion for continual process improvement. Never settling for the status quo.
- Familiarity with the day-to-day responsibilities and workflows of personnel in the development, quality assurance, data engineering, and operations roles.
- A detail-oriented personality with strong troubleshooting and optimization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in MIS, CS, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years managing Azure tenants and resources
- 3+ years managing Azure DevOps tenants and Team Foundation Server implementations
- 3+ years with automated deployment and configuration management toolsets
- 5+ years .NET development
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals - Required
- AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions - Preferred