Job DescriptionGENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Deli Manager is responsible for the successful and efficient operation of the Deli Department including the training, scheduling, assisting, supervision, ensuring compliance, disciplining, and delegating work to department staff. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the daily operation of the department; Ensures the department is adequately staffed, stocked, and open for business during business hours.
- Responsible for both retail and food and beverage operations of the Deli; ensures quality of service, cleanliness of entire operation, and maintains food and labor costs and standards.
- Orders food items for adequate inventory management and ensures timely food preparation.
- Coordinates counter and register work of employees to ensure customer orders are taken, filled and served promptly, courteously and accurately.
- Oversees and assist staff to sell pre-made food items, prepare sandwiches, reheat pre-cooked food items and/or cook food to order and to provide high-quality production of food items in a timely manner in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment.
- Checks and assists staff to bus tables promptly, remove dishes, clean tables after Guest’s depart.
- Ensures a positive work environment centered on trust, open communication, and team work; Facilitates problem solving and collaboration throughout the department.
- Identifies and works with management to resolve departmental problems and potential problems.
- Responsible for the financial success of the department; Ensures the department complies with financial guidelines and meets or exceeds all financial and operational goals.
- Recommends and implements strategies to maximize revenues and control costs.
- Counts cash bank at open/close, accurately records all monies, makes deposits and submits cash and register/POS reports to accounting department in a timely manner.
- Responsible for supervising department employees, creating staff work schedules, and training department employees in department standards, security procedures, inventory operations, and safe work methods.
- Checks each staff member out at the end of their shift and verifies that all closing duties are completed.
- Mentors and provides initial and ongoing training for all Deli staff members as needed, including knowledge of menu items, suggestive selling techniques, proper food preparation procedures, etc.).
- Oversee, and assist staff to clean and sanitize food prep, service and dining areas.
- Review and approve department timecards for accuracy and turn into HR in a timely manner.
- Enforces department standards and employee expectations; Performs progressive discipline, coaches, and retrains department employees as required.
- Follows and enforces company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- Verifies payroll hours for all department personal.
- Completes detailed and timely performance evaluations.
- Ensures that Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs are strictly followed.
- Is responsible for additional Manager on Duty shifts and responsibilities.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours throughout the department as required; Covers subordinate duties as needed.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with guests and staff in a professional manner.
- Computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Operate a cash register, POS system and credit card machine in a fast-paced, high-traffic environment.
- Excellent supervisory and management skills.
- Kitchen skills such as cooking, cleaning, serving and bussing.
- Knowledge of kitchen operations, including safe food preparation, proper menus, portion control, inventory management, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment,
- Flexibility and courteous behavior in a fast-paced, high-traffic environment.
- Ability to delegate work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to frequently balance, kneel, crouch, stoop, push, pull, turn and twist; Reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work in areas with temperatures greater than 90 degrees.
- Ability to use cleaning supplies.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 2 years of snack shop, retail food and/or restaurant industry or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Prior supervisory or management work experience required.
- Knowledge of sanitary and safe food handling required.
- Prior experience using MS Office, Word and Excel required.
Additional InformationGrand Canyon North Rim, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.