Join the new platform that will transform the world of impact investing. We’re looking for the best minds to take the data on impact investing and sustainability to the next level. RockCreek is leveraging its unparalleled experience in sustainable investing to create the preeminent “go-to” resource for inclusion and impact investments. We are investing in a new start-up platform that will create a unique ecosystem of data on inclusion and impactful investments in technology and innovation, education, housing affordability, financial inclusion, and health and well-being. This new company will benefit from RockCreek’s vast experience as the leader in this space and the underlying data assets that have driven above-market performance across the past decade. We are currently assembling a core team of highly motivated, mission-oriented star talent to make this vision a reality. We seek engineers, data scientists and project managers with experience in building out new businesses and a passion for making the world a better place and our society more equitable.
RockCreek is hiring a Web and UI Developer responsible for the following:
- Provide a meaningful connection between the company’s public-facing website, internal Intranet, and suite of applications
- Recommend and implement a web CMS solution
- Desgining and implementing both a staging and production version of a new company website
- Developing a company Intranet presence
- Working with engineering team to provide consistent designs and front-ends across all of our applications
- Communicate with users and stakeholders of various applications
- Model user’s behavior with wireframes and mocups using creative and modern best practices and design patterns
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or similar or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years experience as a web, UI, or UX developer
- Understanding of user-centered design methods, including portfolio of sites you have designed or co-designed that demonstrate attention to user workflows in addition to static design
- Experience with major CMS, such as Wordpress, ideally in a multi-staged environment (testing, staging, production, etc.)
- Experience with Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Past application development using React and/or Vue.js preferably in the context of single-page applications
- Practical experience performing user studies or documenting user workflows for implementation in web applications
- AWS or Google Cloud experience
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry.
The ideal candidate must be well-organized, flexible, able to anticipate change, able to perform well under pressure, and up to date on current financial markets and business issues with a passion for impact and sustainable investing. It is critical that the candidate can work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The candidate must be a team player who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and adapts to demanding and ever-changing situations.
Consistent with our belief that team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.
- Ability to work remotely with support technology
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave, and company holidays
- Wellness programs including meditation and fitness classes
- Onsite gym
For additional information on RockCreek, please visit https://therockcreekgroup.com
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-rock-creek-group/
RockCreek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or age.