Locations: Austin, TX or Atlanta, GA
Visa’s People Shared Services team supports more than 20,000 employees globally across multiple locations and geographies and play a critical role in ensuring a best-in-class employee experience. The Sr. People Payroll Support Specialist role will be responsible for working closely with managers and employees throughout North America to resolve payroll queries while partnering closely with our Centers of Excellence to continue building a culture of continuous improvement while guaranteeing an efficient and consistent approach to the execution of our People Shared Service operational goals.
This role reports to the Director/Manager, People Shared Services.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Work to analyze and resolve employee and manager inquires covering topics such as time entry errors, edits, deductions, taxes, and a myriad of other payroll topics
- Make appropriate adjustments and communicate progress and outcomes to requestors in a timely and efficient manner, utilizing strong customer service skills
- Employs internal tools such as the case management system (ServiceNow), HRIS (Workday) and vendor tools (ADP) effectively to research and assess next steps and accurate resolutions
- Supports cyclical HR events that may impact employee payroll statements
- Review and complete payroll forms accurately for submission to Payroll COE team
- Establish and maintain collaborative and respectful partnerships with our COE’s in HR, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, and others to further our continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide a high-quality employee experience
- Map the business process, and recommend changes if-as appropriate to improve quality and timeliness of service
- Conduct root-cause analysis for issues and identify solutions
- Serve as back-up to the POD leader and in leaders absence provide guidance to other members of the team
- Be flexible and able to handle unexpected transactions and service requests
- Maintain discretion and adhere to strict confidentiality standards
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
QualificationsBasic Qualifications: Must have a High School diploma or equivalent and minimum of 6 months of work experience or a bachelor’s degree Experience using enterprise-scale HRIS tools (like ADP & Workday) Experience using a HR Case Management system (like ServiceNow)Preferred Qualifications: Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a bachelor’s degree General knowledge of HR functional policies and practices within a Global Shared Services model Skilled in the utilization and management of enterprise level systems such as ADP/eTime, Workday and ServiceNow, other comparable software tools acceptable Experience managing payroll inquiries in a fast paced/high volume environment with a focus on QA and meeting established KPIs/SLAs Collaborative style and a good team player with a strong customer centered mind-set that focusses on employee experience and continuous improvement for all processes Proven track record of working with and maintaining strong relationships with internal partners and COEs Strong communicator who can deliver impactful and easily understandable resolutions to employees around complex payroll issues in common/natural language Proficient in Microsoft Office products Able to work Monday – Friday (10AM CST to 7PM CST Preferred)
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the time.Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.