Under general supervision, theMaintenance Technician performs a variety of duties at the skilled level to maintain and repair building grounds, and property structures. Assignments include property grounds, carpentry, painting, locksmith duties, plumbing, electrical, and related work as required.
This first-level classification in Stream’s Building Maintenance Worker series reports to the Building Operations Supervisor and may receive direction from Building Technicians I and II. Incumbents may independently perform routine grounds maintenance, carpentry, painting, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing maintenance and repair work, and assist Building Technicians I in the repair and re-configuring of buildings and building components. Assignments, objectives, work methods, and sequence of steps are explained in general terms. Checks are integrated into the work processes and/or reviews are frequent enough to ensure compliance with instructions.
Assigned duties and responsibilities require daily travel throughout the city in response to requests for the repair and alteration of buildings or equipment. This work is frequently performed on uneven, sloping, slippery and unpaved surfaces, on ladders, in crawl spaces, indoors and outdoors, with exposure to extremes in noise, temperature, weather and humidity and in proximity to electricity, mechanical equipment, gasses, fumes, dusts, and chemicals.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Trash pick up
- Inspect property for issues with landscaping, lights, parking lot lights, etc.
- Clean Weekly
- Check for leaks in plumbing/roof
- Maintain Drains
- Performs rough and finish maintenance carpentry and plastering on commercial office and industrial buildings.
- Installs wood shelving.
- Repairs and replaces doors, windows, building hardware, fencing, and gates.
- Performs general maintenance repairs and construction of roof systems.
- Performs floor covering work.
- Prepares surfaces for painting.
- Use brushes, rollers, and spray equipment, paints, metal primers and lacquers to paint and wallpaper a variety of interior and exterior surfaces.
- Inspects, installs, troubleshoots and repairs plumbing fixtures components and supply waste lines, including re-building flush valves, sink faucets and valves.
- Inspects, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical fixtures, equipment, and related apparatus, including changing ballasts.
- Performs preventive maintenance on heating and air conditioning units and related apparatus.
- Changes filters, blowers, and condensing fan blowers.
- Duties do not include refrigerant recovery.
- Builds, assembles, transports, installs, and/or repairs facility furnishings and fixtures.
- Cleans and maintains tools, equipment, materials and work sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Excel and Word; technical tools, computers, tablets, smartphones and applicable software/apps; generally accepted construction and repair procedures and materials used in the areas of carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and related trades/crafts; safe work practices; first aid.
Skills to: Operate hand and power tools commonly used in building maintenance; make use of proper lifting techniques.
Abilities to: Perform arithmetic calculations; follow verbal and written instructions; read and interpret plans, specs, and blueprints; evaluate a problem or situation and arrive at a logical decision; work independently; identify and correct safety hazards; perform building maintenance work and manual labor; lift and carry objects safely; climb ladders to various heights; learn and develop and maintain cooperative relationships with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Incumbents must possess the physical and mental capacity to work under the conditions described in this document and to perform the duties required by their assigned position.EDUCATION:
- Any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to completion of high school and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in mechanical maintenance related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by time of employment, a valid Driver License.Failure to maintain this license will result in discipline up to and including termination. Employee must possess a Universal CFC certification within a 6 month time frame of joining the company.
Additional InformationWORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position works indoors, works outdoors, exposure to extreme hot or cold temperature, being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature / humidity, exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, gases, odors, mists, or other irritating particles, exposure to excessive noise (construction sites), exposure to radiation or electrical energy (construction sites), exposure to solvents, grease or oil, exposure to slippery or uneven walking surfaces, using computer monitor, works around others, works alone, works with others.