The Property Management Training Programis designed to guide Candidates through each aspect of multi-family apartment management in order to become Property Manager of one of the Company’s premiere, nationwide apartment communities.
Candidates will train extensively at each position including Leasing Consultant, Assistant Property Manager, and Property Manager before independently becoming a Property Manager at a designated location. Top Candidates will move on to become an Area Manager where they will oversee a portfolio of properties.Career Path:
The career path below outlines some of the Candidate’s job responsibilities at each stage of the Property Management Training Program, along with a general timeline that will be spent at each position. This career path can vary for each Candidate in the Training Program.Introduction Training – Months 1-2
- Begin the Program at a local apartment community for introduction training. The Company will try to put a Candidate at a property close to their current location.
- Read, understand, and follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures. This also includes learning and adhering to all Fair Housing and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Train on the Company’s property management software – Yardi – to learn how to utilize the system.
- Learn and implement the Company’s Engaging Leasing Method for leasing apartment homes to prospective residents.
- Candidates will be required to relocate at this point. A one bedroom apartment with basic furnishings is provided upon relocation.
- See below for locations where the Company currently operates that Candidates may be sent to. The relocation will most likely send Candidates outside of their current city.
- Continue reading and understanding the Company’s Policies and Procedures and additional training manuals/material.
- Utilize the Engaging Leasing Method on phone calls and in person to lease apartment homes to prospective residents.
- Market the property to local businesses, merchants, schools, etc. and through multiple online resources to build community awareness and increase traffic.
- Monitor market competitors and conditions to stay current with surrounding influences.
- Complete lease and addenda forms for new and current residents to complete.
- Insure the model, vacant apartments, and tour routes are in pristine condition for showing each day.
- Assist in conducting monthly resident events.
- Take resident phone calls to input service calls or assist them with any requests they have. Forward escalated concerns to the Assistant or Property Manager.
- Continue improving upon skills acquired as a Leasing Consultant.
- Ensure all rent is collected and posted in the property management software correctly.
- Diligently follow up with current and past residents that have delinquent accounts. Notate their accounts accordingly based on actions taken by either party.
- Process purchase orders and invoices to insure bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Build positive relationships with residents to effectively administer the property’s renewal program and retain the highest amount of residents possible.
- Work directly with the Property Manager to complete monthly financial, property status, and budget reports.
- Help current residents with any escalated issues they are experiencing.
- Active in the training of any new Leasing Consultants hired at the property.
- Assist the Property Manager on any miscellaneous administrative tasks needed.
- Gain full knowledge of the Property Manager’s position to be able to step in when they are out of the office.
- Manager the overall operations of the property.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand, and explain financial reports, lease/addenda documents, and all Company manuals.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and/or events that occur on-site.
- Prepare annual budgets, income projections, and plan for upcoming capital projects.
- Effectively communicate with vendors to ensure accurate pricing and/or quality work.
- Ensure the property is performing to maximize revenue and minimize costs.
- Hire and train any new Leasing Consultants or Assistant Property Managers at the property.
- Competitive, entry-level starting pay
- Furnished one-bedroom apartment home upon first relocation
- Health, Life, and Dental Insurance
- Accruable sick/medical/vacation time
- Company-matching 401-k Plan
The position is an entry-level position, and preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree with strong scholastic performance
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated leadership, analytic, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Preferable sales and marketing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willingness to relocate, often more than once
The following are possible placement locations within the program:
- Colorado – Denver, Lakewood
- Florida – St. Petersburg
- Georgia – Canton, Evans
- Kentucky – Louisville
- Missouri – Kansas City, St. Louis
- Tennessee – Antioch, Goodlettsville, Nashville, Murfreesboro
- Texas – Houston, Dallas, Frisco, San Antonio, New Braunfels