Job DescriptionEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Uses a forklift to load and off-load trailers and to move, stack, store, overpack and process containers of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. May also use a drum truck to manually move drums.
- Verifies load count. Applies labels to containers and samples drums, totes, cubic yard boxes, roll-off containers, sludge boxes, vac trucks, and tankers of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Completes QA/QC paperwork including visual sample description and submits paperwork and samples to in-house laboratory and logs them into the lab’s sample log.
- Consolidates various hazardous materials, which includes but is not limited to flammable liquids, flammable solids, flammable sludges, acidic materials, caustic materials, and polychlorinated biphenyls. May use the forklift with rotator, shovels, and/or scoops to perform this task.
- Must be clean shaven at all times and is required to wear an air purifying respirator to perform this job.
- Strictly adheres to facility safety rules, SOP’s, THA’s, safe work practices, and code of ethics.
- Performs related work and additional duties as requested or assigned by supervisor/manager.
QualificationsExperience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must complete 24-hour HAZWOPER training upon hire.
- Must be willing to learn in house product codes.
- 1 of year experience in a hazardous waste facility is preferred.
- Knowledge of bonding and grounding procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and solid communication skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Medium to heavy working conditions.
- Works in outdoor environment and in all weather conditions.
- Works with various materials with varying safety requirements.
- Tasks will rotate within different areas of the facility according to business needs.
- Ability to climb stairs & ladders, stand for 8+ hours/day, lift 60 pounds, move 55-gallon drums required.
- Ability to use personal protective equipment such as Tyvek coveralls, air purifying respirator, safety glasses, safety goggles, PVC chemical gloves, hardhat, ear plugs, and steel toe boots.
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed according to business conditions.
We offer competitive benefits, includinghealth insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer:This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.