Mechanical Engineer - PEMechanical Engineer with 5+ years experience. $100k-150k based on experience! Must have PE!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brandon HenshawAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit about us:We are a 200-person engineering firm headquartered in King of Prussia, PA with full-service offices in New York, NY, Boston, MA, and Baltimore, MD. We have a dynamic growth-oriented company, built on relationships with our clients, staff, and industry partners. At Bala you will enjoy an exceptional employee experience that results in a successful career based on collaboration, leadership and personal development.Why join us?As a multi-discipline engineering firm, Bala is a leader in innovative designs for building systems in High Rise, Mission Critical, Multi-Unit Housing, Commercial Office, Higher Education,Transportation, Adaptive Reuse and Life Science facilities.Job DetailsBALA's compensation package includes a rich benefits package along with market competitive salary structure. Our culture creates an environment where relationships thrive and careers flourish.We are looking for an ambitious Mechanical Engineer in our New York City office who thrives on challenges and wants to grow their career. This role involves working closely with Senior Mechanical Engineers and the Department Manager. Responsibilities will include heating and cooling load calculations, ductwork and piping sizing, selecting HVAC equipment, energy modeling and other engineering calculations. The basic requirements for this position include:Primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead technical expert and Senior project engineer.
- Act as lead in the mechanical discipline on multiple projects across multiple offices.
- Develop and communicate early mechanical design concepts.
- Assist in mechanical standard development and maintaining department standards.
- 5-10 years as a mechanical consulting engineer
- Bachelor's degree and PE license
- Strong technical writer
- Strong knowledge of building codes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Sustainable certification programs
- Strong software skills including Revit and energy analysis programs